I’m a senior IT Professional with 15+ years of development, IT management, and system architecture experience. I’m also a Microsoft certified web developer and database administrator with a background in web and application design, coding, documentation, and support. Over a decade of Windows stack experience including IIS, Windows Server 2012, and SQL Server. I’ve been published twice and have been previously DIACAP certified for confidential government work and have experience working in highly regulated environments such as HIPPA, FERPA, and GLBA-compliant departments.
IT Management and Architecture Skills
- IT Management, Project Management, Software Development Life Cycle
- Technical Writing, Application System Architecture, Backup and Availability Tools, System Monitoring and Alerts
- Data Modeling, Process Modeling, Bug tracing
- Use Case Point Estimation, RFP Response, Technical Consulting
- User Interface Design, Search Engine Optimization, Graphic Design, Mobile Development
- Platforms: Amazon AWS including S3, EC2, and CloudWatch, Microsoft IIS 6/7/8+, Apache, MacOS X, Windows Server (2000-2016), Some Linux and exposure to Solaris.
- Security and networking: Active Directory, ADAM, LDAP, F5 Big-IP Networking Appliance, Windows Advanced Firewall, Trustwave’s Web Application Firewall, DB Network’s SQL Firewall
- Database: MS SQL Server 2000-2012 including SSRS; SSAS; SSIS; and SQL Agent, Oracle 11g, MySQL 4+, MS Access 2000+.
- Development Tools: Visual Studio (.NET – 2017), .Net Core, Eclipse, XCode, Source Safe, Team Foundation Server/Team Services, SharePoint, Flash, Crystal Reports
Coding Languages and Tools
- SVN, Git, TFS-VC, Visual Source Safe, SharePoint, CVS, Vault
- MS System Center Operations Manager, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project.
- Photoshop and Illustrator. Some experience with Quark and PageMaker.
- Banner, Jira, Trello, BMC Remedy, Hudson Continuous Integration, SiteMinder, CruiseControl.NET, Axosoft OnTime, Redmine
Associate Director, IT, UC Davis: Financial Aid and Scholarships - Davis, CA; 1/2017 - present
- Serving over 26,000 students a year
- Directly managing a staff of system administrators, developers, and analysts
- Serve as the application architect, develop/manage/operate and maintain a complex financial aid enterprise system and a series of integrated web applications.
- As a member of the department's senior management team, provide leadership, management and IT expertise to all Financial Aid and Scholarships staff. Coordinate with other departments as a member of the enrollment leadership team, the IT Security Committee, and the IT Services Committee.
- Developing systems, websites, and tools that integrate with Ellucian's Banner, Campus Logic, AcademicWorks, and other academic administrative tools.
Systems Architect, Veterinary Information Network – Davis, CA; 5/2013-12/2016
- A large community-based, online information system
- Led system design, documentation, and process development for a team of a dozen developers.
- Researched, recommended, prototyped, and documented network, application, and database-level solutions.
- Sr Level Application Development including: Solr search with DIH population, OLAP Cube design, custom implementation of a web-based WYSIWYG content management system, drag and drop jQuery interfaces, custom AJAX handlers, ASP.Net Web Forms + MVC, and other applications.
Senior Development Manager, Cognizant Technology – Rancho Cordova, CA; 2012-2013
- Lead development on a number of web or web-related applications for government healthcare provider. Estimate, document, and plan new features and changes in coordination with the QA testing team and the business. Manage onsite and offshore development efforts. Applications include search appliances, data management tools, integration interfaces, web services, and reports.
- Tier 3 application support for numerous web applications, scheduled jobs, and automated processes: bug tracing, system profiling, communication and coordination with outside software vendors, change management, logging, and general application maintenance.
- Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) certified in a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) compliant environment: government systems and healthcare involving protected health information (PHI) and personally identification information (PII).
- .NET 4+, including Web Forms / MVC and SQL Server with Crystal Report Server.
Director of Software Development, Sierra Data Systems – Auburn, CA; 2005-2012
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain DATArrive, a modular software-as-a-service application that combines mobile and web-based users into a unified data structure. In an Agile development environment, I directed a team of developers, QA testers, and project managers.
- Secondary responsibilities include building and maintaining Sierra Data Systems corporate websites and other web-based applications as well as product documentation, project estimating and scheduling, and technical research.
- Special projects: creating complex web service interfaces including basic authentication, WCF, and certificate signing, file based importing and exporting tools, SQL code optimization, code vulnerability analysis, credit card and subscription processing through Authorize.net, mobile application development
Web Master / Technical Specialist, Prima Games / Random House, Inc. – Roseville, CA; 1999-2005
- Special projects: installing and managing forum software, building web contest applications, implementing new hosting arrangements, building a custom application to package and encrypt DRM-protected electronic books
Technical Book Reviewer, Prima-Tech / Prima Communications, Inc. – Roseville, CA; 2000-2002
- Titles reviewed include: Web Site Analysis and Reporting, Macromedia Flash 5 Design: From Concept to Creation, Dreamweaver UltraDev 4 Fast & Easy Web Development.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- App Builder, Achievement Date : 09/26/2016
- Web Applications, Achievement Date : 07/05/2016
- Web Developer 4 (MCPD), Achievement Date : 03/02/2012
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- SQL Server 2012/2014, Achievement Date : 07/27/2016
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Database Administrator 2008, Achievement Date : 08/27/2010
Dynamic Web Forms Professional Projects, Premier Press (2002): Indianapolis, IN. ISBN: 1-9318-4113-6
Create Macromedia Flash Movies In a Weekend, Prima-Tech (2001): Roseville, CA. ISBN: 0-7615-2866-0
- This step-by-step guide helps the reader learn the basics of Flash to create simple movies.
OPEN SOURCE CONTRIBUTIONS
B.S., Information Technology, 2005
- University of Phoenix, Roseville, CA; 2002-2005