A proven IT leader with 19+ years of success. A certified web developer and database administrator with a strong hands-on background in software development life-cycles. Professionally published with strong written and verbal communication skills. While developing and deploying enterprise-level, mission critical service systems has served as a technical leader and expert working closely with executives, subject matter experts, and end users.
- Managed multiple, simultaneous projects using Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- Coordinated and led project management meeting including daily scrums, system-wide project kickoffs, and postmortems.
- Success with Kanban boards, Gantt charts, Sprints and other PM tools.
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to build conscious or make quick decisions depending on the needs of the situation
- Prolific writer and documentation expert with the proven ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience using formal estimation techniques: use case point estimation and function point estimation
- Provided presentations, technical guidance, policy review, and feedback to executives, board of directors, and committees.
- •Zero-inbox policy without sacrificing responsiveness
- Strong believer in the “lead by example” principle
- Proactive mentality with a strong emphasis on long term planning
- Experience promoting continuous improvement and adaptability
- Stays up-to-date with software changes, tech trends, and organizational policy changes
- History of success with IT hiring, team motivation, and advancing staff capabilities
Associate Director, IT, UC Davis: Financial Aid and Scholarships - Davis, CA; 1/2017 - present
- As software development manager and application architect organized a complex financial aid IT system and a series of integrated web applications. Typically handles more than a dozen concurrent projects. Including multi-departmental efforts and projects with University-wide scope. Serves as the department’s Information Security Officer.
- Provided leadership and IT expertise to all department staff. Regularly coordinated with other departments as a member of cross functional teams and projects such as the Banner 9 Steering Committee and the Enrollment Management Leadership team. Controlled department’s IT budget including software, hardware, IT services, and IT training. Immense success with IT staff recruitment and training.
- Works with Banner, CampusLogic, Hyland OnBase, AcademicWorks, and other campus systems.
Systems Architect, Veterinary Information Network – Davis, CA; 5/2013-12/2016
- Led system design, documentation, and process development for a large team of developers working on a collaborative suite of web-based community tools.
- Researched, recommended, prototyped, and documented network, application, and database-level solutions.
Senior Development Team Manager, Cognizant Technology – Rancho Cordova, CA; 2012-2013
- Led development for a team of 12+ developers, admins, and qa staff on web and related applications for a government healthcare provider. Estimated, documented, and planned new features and changes in coordination with the QA testing team and the business. Managed onsite and offshore development efforts.
- Coordinated application and support for web applications and server-based services including scheduled jobs and automated processes. Efforts included bug tracing, system profiling, and coordination with outside software vendors, change management, logging, and maintenance.
Director of Software Development, Sierra Data Systems – Auburn, CA; 2005-2012
- Designed, developed, and managed DATArrive, an enterprise-level, information system that combines mobile and web-based UI into a unified data structure. In an Agile development environment, directed a team of developers, QA testers, and SMEs
- Additional responsibilities included building and maintaining corporate websites and other web-based applications as well as product documentation, project estimating and scheduling, and technical research.
Web Master / Technical Specialist, Prima Games / Random House, Inc. – Roseville, CA; 1999-2005
- •Responsibilities included site design, development, architecture, and management, and managing a small team of content producers. Secondary responsibilities included site maintenance, search engine submission and optimization, customer management, and general technical support.
Technical Book Reviewer, Prima-Tech / Prima Communications, Inc. – Roseville, CA; 2000-2002
- Titles reviewed include: Web Site Analysis and Reporting, Macromedia Flash 5 Design: From Concept to Creation, Dreamweaver UltraDev 4 Fast & Easy Web Development.
NASBA Center for the Public Trust
- Ethical Leadership Certification Program, Achievement Date: 4/29/2018
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Data Management and Analytics, Achievement Date : 08/10/2017
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- App Builder, Achievement Date : 09/26/2016
- Web Applications, Achievement Date : 07/05/2016
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- SQL Server 2012/2014, Achievement Date : 07/27/2016
Supervisory Development Program (UC Davis)
- Mastering Supervision Certificate 06/01/2018
Dynamic Web Forms Professional Projects, Premier Press (2002): Indianapolis, IN. ISBN: 1-9318-4113-6
Create Macromedia Flash Movies In a Weekend, Prima-Tech (2001): Roseville, CA. ISBN: 0-7615-2866-0
- This step-by-step guide helps the reader learn the basics of Flash to create simple movies.
OPEN SOURCE CONTRIBUTIONS
B.S., Information Technology, 2005
- University of Phoenix, Roseville, CA; 2002-2005
M.S., Information Technology, (In Progress)
- California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, CA; 2017 - May 2019 (expected)
- Concentration: Data Science
- Honor society: Beta Gamma Sigma